The term ‘millennial’ gets used so often, it sounds like a cliche, but there’s an important reason it’s so popular; the Millennial demographic is the most desirable audience for marketers. They have lots of buying power (estimates around $200 billion in 2017), yet they are young enough to form brand loyalty to last decades.
A recent study of 18- to 35-year-old’s showed millennials, when approached the right way, are open to connecting with companies. What are they drawn to?
- Bite-sized Content
- Millennials and house flies have one thing in common – attention span. Be concise when crafting your message. After that, shorten it.
- Product-focused Information
- Avoid the fluff: ‘family owned,’ ‘in business since 1935,’ ‘great customer service.’ Millennials don’t care. Highlight your product features and their benefits.
- Receiving a Message in a Digestible and Fluid Manner
- Don’t interrupt their day. Seamlessly connect and add value at the right moment.
The study also shows millennials respond strongly to TV ads and visit at least four digital platforms every day.Read More