The term ‘millennial’ gets used so often, it sounds like a cliche, but there’s an important reason it’s so popular; the Millennial demographic is the most desirable audience for marketers. They have lots of buying power (estimates around $200 billion in 2017), yet they are young enough to form brand loyalty to last decades.
A recent study of 18- to 35-year-old’s showed millennials, when approached the right way, are open to connecting with companies. What are they drawn to?
- Bite-sized Content
- Millennials and house flies have one thing in common – attention span. Be concise when crafting your message. After that, shorten it.
- Product-focused Information
- Avoid the fluff: ‘family owned,’ ‘in business since 1935,’ ‘great customer service.’ Millennials don’t care. Highlight your product features and their benefits.
- Receiving a Message in a Digestible and Fluid Manner
- Don’t interrupt their day. Seamlessly connect and add value at the right moment.